In order to place your vehicle hire order, we have certain requirements. These requirements involve insurances, the driver’s licence, and proof of address. The conditions differ slightly based on age and “type” of Driver’s Licence that you hold. Below is a summary of the requirements we have for potential vehicle hire customers. These requirements are quite standard. If you have any questions in regards to our vehicle hire requirements, please feel free to contact us.
- New style driving license – Both Photo Card and the green counterpart is essential prior to hiring.
- The “old style” driving license (UK) is acceptable. However, we require an extra form of ID.
National Insurance Number
If you have a photocard license; as of June 8th you no longer require the paper part of the driving license to rent a vehicle. You have a couple of options, either:
- Slower method : Bring your national insurance number. You don’t need the special issued NIN card or anything – we literally just need to know the number. TIP : It’ll be on your payslip.
- Faster method : Upto 2 days before the rental goto this website
https://www.viewdrivingrecord.service.gov.uk/driving-record/licence-numberFill in the required information then click the tab labelled in the top-right labeled “Share your license information“.Then you can click “Create a Code” – make a note of the code then give to us on the day of rental and your process to hire will be much quicker and easier….especially at busy times.
In order to verify your address, we require a utility bill (issued within the last 3 months) that lists your current home (i.e. council tax bill, utility bill, credit card statement, or bank statement).
Age Restrictions & Requirements
Some of our requirements and restrictions are age-based.
Under 22 years of age
- Apologies but we cannot hire to anyone who’s 22 or under.
23-24 year old drivers
- The Driver must have held a driving license for at least 2 years.
- The driving license must clean of any endorsements.
- Excess – £750.00 – Apart from over the head of the cab, this only applies to high roof vehicles.
- You may *not* drive any of the 7 or 9 seater vehicles we have. This is a rule enforced by our insurance provider.
Drivers 25 years of age and older
- The Driver must have held a driving license for over 1 year.
- If you have any bans or endorsements of over 6 points call first to avoid disappointment.
- Excess – £500 – Apart from over the head of the cab, this only applies to high roof vehicles.
Drivers 70 years of age and older
- Apologies, but the Driver may *not* drive any of our vehicles.
Collision Damage Waiver (CDW)
This will reduce your insurance excess from £500.00 down to £50.00. This does not apply on any damage over the cab of the vehicle relating to high roof vehicles.
- Only applies to 25 years olds and over.
- Car – £8 per day and £40.00 per week.
- Van – £8 per day and £40.00 per week.
There is an insurance excess requirement of £500.00 for named drivers 25 and over. There is an excess of £750.00 required for drivers aged 21 to 24 years old.
Customers who hold certain occupations need to call us prior to booking a vehicle hire. Whilst your occupation “may” not exclude you from booking a vehicle with us, there are additional requirements we have in order to process your booking. Please telephone us prior to booking your vehicle if you hold any of the following occupations:
- Foreign servicemen based in the UK,
- Students under the age of 30,
- Foreign students,
- Any occupations related to betting or gambling;
- Club owners or publicans,
- Professional sportspersons, entertainers, musicians where other such people are carried as passengers.
Payment & Deposit Terms
All payments shall be made by debit or credit card only. We do not require a deposit.